Guides News Your World

Dumpster fire on Maxwell Drive quickly extinguished by city firefighters

VICKSBURG, Miss. (VDN) – Shortly before 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, a dumpster fire was reported at the Home2 Suites by Hilton on Maxwell Drive.

Deputy Fire Chief Trey Martin and Lieutenant Josh Davies arrived on scene. Thanks to the city firefighters, the fire was quickly extinguished.

Debris was moved to ensure there is no chance of the flames reigniting.

The cause of the fire may have been due to a cigarette that was flicked into the bin, resulting in burning debris.

No injuries or other damage has been reported due to the flames.